Re: English language differences

Hello,

Well, just consider the amount of non native English speakers users around the globe who contribute to the wiki, 😄 So if it's valid English spelling from the UK or the US, I guess it's valid for the wiki, hehe. And I hope if one introduces something wrong, others would be able to catch it and fix it, 😄

The issue with this however, is a lot of countries still argue what the "correct" spellings are, which could fuel massive arguments within the community, some portions of Europe use UK spellings, along with Australians and New Zealanders. Some other regions of Europe, I know of Romanians and Polish which use US English (it is what is taught within their respective education systems), so even within Europe there is a divide between the spellings.

UK spellings are considered obsolete, sorry for any fellow Brits who take offense to this, it is the nature of the internet, US spellings are used even within the UK now, which just highlight how the UK spellings are dying out due to the adoption of a universal standard, or more commonly referred to as Americans having a large grasp over the internet (if you don't believe this check the locations of the root DNS servers, nearly all of them are hosted and ran by American companies, with a few dotted in Europe and one or two in Asia).

So I naturally assumed that Arch Linux would enforce a US-only spelling in the documentation to prevent the spelling wars which could erupt.

Thanks,
--
Polarian
GPG signature: 0770E5312238C760