Re: Dmarc failures

On Mon, Dec 26, 2022 at 05:08:07PM +0000, NTS wrote:
> Can't we just go back to the way it was, with [$MAILING_LIST] in the
> subject line, re-write From: then sign the e-mail on the
> lists.archlinux.org server?  That way DMARC and everyone's mail
> program could be made happy.

Hopefully not.
Rewriting from is a worse experience over all, I want to see the
real sender in there.

Prefixing the subject is something I absolutely hate.
You already have the mailing list in the to and are probably in the
folder of the mailing list, it's simply noise that then cuts of parts
of the subject I'm interested in due to space constraints.

> Since we do not re-write the Subject: anymore I cannot separate the
> Arch list e-mail well anymore. Some (mobile) clients cannot mark or
> file mail as well as desktop clients can and everything ends up in one
> inbox.

Every provider I've ever used, including my crappy ISP one has some
sort of server side filter.
There's no need to do this ad hoc on mobile.