Re: Mailing list to discuss ArchWiki?

On 12/20/22 13:07, Tomáš M. wrote:
David C. Rankin
 > Some 5-7 years ago (hell maybe 10 by now), most, if not
 > all user contributions were summarily removed or poorly rewritten. It
 > literally became pointless to contribute to the wiki as whatever you
 > researched and added would simply be removed.

Are there any specific pages that suffered such removal/poor rewrite?

In a decade of reading arch wiki here and there there were changes, e.g. [Installation guide] and Beginners page which was huge and contained a lot of great info, which is now gone and separated to e.g. General recommendations - https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/General_recommendations <https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/General_recommendations>.

But in any other specific pages, AMD, specific Laptop stuff, etc, I didn't see valuable info being removed.

I only have a positive experience, figuring something out, making quick notes on the discussion page, and then discussing it on #archlinux-wiki and together choosing different wording or place.

Many example, RAID, FakeRAID, Networking, ....

My e-mail become full of notifications from the wiki that my contributions were removed. A quick search of the arch-general archive including "drankinatty wiki" will disclose a lengthy history.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.