Re: conclusion: Another rant on arch way abuse and false promises

Piyush P Kurur wrote:

I use xmonad and share your dislike for hal/dbus. This
however does not justify not having a decent PnP particulary

it would ...

when you want to install it for non-experts.

.. if what i THOUGHT archlinux is about (experts)  was true.

However you appear to agree that this is not the case (anymore?).

To my eyes Arch has been quite snappy and minimalist,

as you can read on this thread, that isn't actually a goal.
I'm not sure WHAT it's goals are anymore, but i have been educated that it is NOT about:

- power users
- minimalism

switch from Debian stable on my laptop. It is definitely far better
than the monstrosity of Ubuntu or Fedora. I dont know how you find it
otherwise.

err yeah,.. i guess if you have other distros as comparison, arch feels like cake :D

--
Arvid
Asgaard Technologies