conclusion: Another rant on arch way abuse and false promises

Thanks to enough input i have learned two things of this thread:

1) The problem IS upstream related. Some packages do enable
   dbus when it is available, for the convenience of those users
   who do not understand what dbus is and hence need it.

   Archs philosophy dictates, that if the upstream is retarded,
   so shall be the package. I used this as argument, and i shall
   comply to it equally.

2) I am in fact the minority, not those who see linux
   as a free windows copy. Hence i should
    2.1) stfu and obey the will of the mass
    2.2) find or found a distro that
         is not based on the will of the mass

The combination of 1 and 2 invalidates everything
i have said in this thread.

Jan did a great job at packaging clearly broken packages
in the least harmful way for the majority of users,
who happen to have a microsoft windows background.

Sorry about being too ignorant to see these in the first place.
I'll go do 2.1 or 2.2 now.
have a nice day.

--
Arvid