Re: Very Very strange problem in opensuse 11.1, file uploading reports "not an image file"

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 13:35:37 -0500
John Iliffe <john.iliffe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> There are a couple of choices to debug here.
>
> First, the code you supplied is comparing the mime-type parameters
> obtained from the call to:
>
>  $upload_file_type = $GLOBALS
> ['HTTP_POST_FILES']['profile_image']['type'];
>
> So, first I would echo $upload_file_type and see what it is actually
> getting.
>
> Second, in_array() is case sensitive - see if the mime-type is somehow
> getting upper case; the $file_type_list function may be converting to
> upper.
>
> Third, what is the client doing to set the mime-type?  This is
> probably OK (why  mentioned it last) but maybe the type of the upload
> files is not being set correctly/at all?
>
> Also, I checked and $GLOBALS simply lists ALL variables in global
> scope. So, somewhere you should have a function extracting
> 'HTTP_POST_FILES' from the POST data.  (global variable
> $HTTP_RAW_POST_DATA).  You might want to check that.  Try printing
> out the $GLOBALS array and see if there is a variable in it called
> HTTP_POST_FILES using print_r().  This will print the array member
> name => array member value which should help.
>
> You will have to do more but at least knowing where the problem is is
> a good start!

Hello,

Thanks for your kind response and clarification. Regarding debug I have
a good idea rather than flipping through the code written by some one
else because I am not a php coder and hope you will also  like it.
I have only and only one option. Check with a php code that file can be
uploaded with the same filetype check used in the previous code and if
it fails then find out why so. Can I get a simple image uploader php
code with the file type checking and some good echo to see what is
actually happening in the net ? And if the code can do its job
successfully then it might be not a server side problem. Can you
suggest me any link which provides such a code ? In the mean time I am
also looking for it through google but getting a direction from the
experienced one is always great.