Very Very strange problem in opensuse 11.1, file uploading reports "not an image file"

Dear list,

I am banging my head with a strange problem I have never never and never
seen before. A site is functional and running on a debian lenny server.
The site provides a file upload section and files are uploaded
successfully even with 10MB size. I have migrated the site to an
opensuse 11.1 server. The sites is running there BUT the big hitch is
with file uploading part. I can see the files are transferred but after
that it simply reports "Not an Image file". And this is happening with
all files even with image ( jpg, bmp etc..) and with as small as 1KB
and as big as 500KB. I have checked the log with "Loglevel debug" and
there is nothing in the error log which can give any hints.

I am really clueless :-( I know it is difficult to say something with
the above information but is any of you by any luck has a single
hint ?  Let me confirm again that the same site is running fine in
debian lenny. The opensuse 11.1 (64 bit ) packages are

apache2 - 2.2.10-2.5
apache2-worker - 2.2.10-2.5
apache2-utils - 2.2.10-2.5
apache2-prefork - 2.2.10-2.5
apache2-mod_php5 - 5.2.6-49.13
php5 - 5.2.6-49.13
mysql -5.0.67-12.15
---- with other php5 module

a2enmod lists

` ` `
#a2enmod  -l

actions alias auth_basic authn_file authz_host authz_groupfile
authz_default authz_user authn_dbm autoindex cgi dir env expires
include log_config mime negotiation setenvif ssl suexec userdir php5
rewrite unique_id security2 headers
` ` `

If someone needs more info then please ask me, Please. Kindly help
me to find out which causing this problem.