How to retrieve contents from memcache using POST request parameter

Hi,

I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve content from memcached using a
POST request parameter as a key? As in, if the POST request had a "x=1"
parameter, I would look into memcached to see if there is something whose key is
"1", if there is, I would get the corresponding value from memcached. Right now
I've installed the modmemcache module from
http://code.google.com/p/modmemcachecache/

First of all, I'm new to Apache configuration, but there doesn't seem to exist a
directive that says "look in cache and try to retrieve this request" (in Nginx,
using the Nginx memcached module the $memcached_key directive does this...)
Secondly, is there a way at all to get the parameters in a POST request? (in
Nginx this was NOT possible...)

Really appreciate your help!