Re: How to retrieve contents from memcache using POST request parameter

Suan-Aik Yeo <yeosuanaik@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I was wondering if there is a way to retrieve content from memcached using a
> POST request parameter as a key? As in, if the POST request had a "x=1"
> parameter, I would look into memcached to see if there is something whose key is
> "1", if there is, I would get the corresponding value from memcached. Right now
> I've installed the modmemcache module from
> http://code.google.com/p/modmemcachecache/
>
> First of all, I'm new to Apache configuration, but there doesn't seem to exist a
> directive that says "look in cache and try to retrieve this request" (in Nginx,
> using the Nginx memcached module the $memcached_key directive does this...)
> Secondly, is there a way at all to get the parameters in a POST request? (in
> Nginx this was NOT possible...)

I don't believe any of Apache's caching mechanisms try to cache POST
requests.  I'm not sure why you would want to.  Aren't most POSTs
updating resources on the server (in some sense), rather than requesting
static information that would make sense to cache?

--
Dan Poirier <poirier@xxxxxxxxx>