Re: After restart Vista, working Apache 2.2.11 stopped working, reinstall, google, etc to no avail

Abel Braaksma wrote:

> What can I still do? Is there someone around that can help me setup
> Visual Studio to run Apache from the IDE and to step through the source?

Did bin\httpd.exe -t tell you anything?

Please note that uninstalling apache leaves logs/ and conf/ (as you might
have noticed) and installing apache does not wipe out conf/ - so you have
to blast the directory if you want to ensure that this has nothing to do
with your own conf/ changes.

You might also note that fresh confs are always installed under the
conf/original/ tree, which you can always use to replace broken confs.

And finally, UAC can make your user-edits to files within program files/
or windows/ appear to exist, but the true file remains unmodified.  You
might want to turn off UAC to avoid such nonsense.  It even applies to
the administrator user.