Re: After restart Vista, working Apache 2.2.11 stopped working, reinstall, google, etc to no avail

Hi Tom & others,

another 20 hours further, and no luck still. Did a complete and in-depth search for any malware, viruses, adware, wrong configurations, registry problems, etc. Not the most advanced tools (all the way to GMER and ComboFix for rootkit revealing or malware detection) could find anything malicious. Port monitoring didn't show anything suspicious. Just a clean system.

So, the big question still is, what can possibly be the cause of this behavior of Apache and, more importantly, what can I do about it? There are internet reports (also on this list) that the error I receive can happen intermittently, but nothing is listed about a continuous startup error. My system is in a state where I can guarantee that Apache has been working correctly on (the rollback), and I still receive the same errors, without clue.

I really don't want to think that I have to abandon Apache, as it is a great product (and has been so for many years for me). And I definitely don't want to switch to IIS for my scripting applications (php, perl, ruby etc).

What can I still do? Is there someone around that can help me setup Visual Studio to run Apache from the IDE and to step through the source? I know enough of programming to debug and analyze, I just need help setting it up. Note: it builds correctly already for both Debug and Release builds. But the Debug builds fails with an assert, early on and the Release shows exactly the same behavior as the downloaded Apache binary.

Still hope to find a way out of this nightmare. My website has been off for 36 hours now and I haven't made a single step towards a solution... (regardless the splendid help on several fora).

Regards,
-- Abel --

Tom Evans wrote:

Knowing nothing about windows debugging, is that normal? Is it possible
that somehow libapr-1.dll has been clobbered/corrupted? Can you extract
the original from the version you installed and compare md5?

Just a shot in the dark.