Re: Unable to access sites on an Apache server from Internet Explorer

At 02:42 PM 1/28/2009, you wrote:
The one customer I am working on this problem with is a developer at an ISP thankfully, but he doesn't know Apache or Linux.

He does have friendly errors turned off and he is getting the message:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

That still sounds like IE's generic error.. Regardless, unfortunately, it's useless.

I'm still trying to get his IP address to compare to my Apache server logs for more details, and I've got a call into Hosting.com to check our "DNS Caching" settings.

My sites are all plain HTML text and graphics with a little javascript, nothing fancy they have the Meta tag:

This wouldn't be a DNS issue - well, if it were, it wouldn't be on your end.

If it were say a issue with your namserver, you wouldn't see any entry in your Apache log. :-D