Re: Unable to access sites on an Apache server from Internet Explorer

Ian Lauder wrote:
For the most part everyone can access my web sites on an Apache server V2.0.54 running on RedHat Linux Fedora 4

I keep getting sporadic reports from people who can not access the web sites from Internet Explorer, but they can access it from other browsers or computers (i.e. switching to Firefox works).

I've already gone down the list of telling them to check security software, 3rd party browser add-in's, etc.

Are there any Apache configuration settings that could be the cause (or remedy) for some I.E. users getting page not found errors?

Best regards,
Ian

Cyber Sea Inc.

Cyber Sea APPROVEEMAIL (to ensure your email is approved by our filters, leave this notice intact).

Ian,

A "Page not Found" error is a DNS resolution issue. Since apache does not provide DNS resolution, make sure that DNS servers in place on that machine are reliable, and if possible, disable DNS caching.

Frank