Re: Help with mod_proxy

Todd Nine schrieb:
 I have another question on the efficiency
> side.  I'd like to use domain name for ease of configuration, however I
> know
> it is less efficient than using IP.  Is it less efficient for the first
> proxy request (IE does apache cache the IP after the first lookup?), or
> does it look up the server every time?
I can't answer this for sure but it seems lookups are not cached by
apache. However the client (XP, linux) does cache lookups. The cachetime
for positive lookups on XP is rather high (24 hours or so). If you don't
need the added flexibility of dns names, IPs are fine. If that really
makes a difference wrt performance I don't know.

cheers
 Paul