Re: spawned processes using new config files.

On 11/28/06, Foster, Stephen (ASPIRE) <steve.foster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I have situation where i have Apache 2.0.55 configured using the worker process model and this is running using a particular configuration file.
Prior to an outage i want to deliver a new config file to the server in readiness for a server restart during my outage window.
my question though is if we are using a process model that spawns new processes do these spawned processes read the new config file from disk or do they read it from the parent processes memory , if they read from memory then i am cool because i can update the config prior to the outage and then just restart to read it in, otherwise if it reads from disk i am going to have to deliver during the outage.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Config file on disk is not reread during normal operations.  Config
info for new child processes is inherited from the parent.

Joshua.