Re: Re: Help with mod_proxy

Thanks for getting back to me Paul.  Sorry I snapped at you, it was uncalled for, it has been one of those weekends ... :).  I finally figured out my issue, and unfortunately, it was a bonehead move on my part.  As I said earlier, I've defined each virtual host in its own .conf file so editing each one is easy to do.  Unfortunately, I forgot to add the following directive to the main httpd.conf file.

NameVirtualHost *

Its such a simple directive, yet affects so much...  Thanks for all the help, the examples were helpful.  I have another question on the efficiency side.  I'd like to use domain name for ease of configuration, however I know it is less efficient than using IP.  Is it less efficient for the first proxy request (IE does apache cache the IP after the first lookup?), or does it look up the server every time?

Thanks

Todd