Re: [users@httpd] Re: RPC over HTTP through mod_proxy

Hi,

Pieter Vanmeerbeek schrieb:
I tried to create a setup similar to the one Paul did (with https on the internet and http on the secure lan). I couldn't get this working even on the 2.0.53, ie. owa and active sync works fine RPC does some strange things. If you wait a very long time ( more then5 minutes) it eventually gets a sync.

Yes, I have to correct myself: It's not "working like a charm" in 2.0.53 (also 2.0.54), but it is actually somewhat working. It's not very stable, though.

Since everything works from the lan and the reverse proxy works for owa, I suppose it has something to do with the ssl ofloading settings?

Actually, my theory is more along the line that the basic design of RPC over HTTP is broken. It's extremely sensitive to any kind of delay or buffering on intermediary servers, and apache does exactly that (RFC compliant, nevertheless).

Do you use basic or ntlm authentication in the outlook settings? I suppose basic ?

I'm using basic authentication.

Best regards,
  Hans

--
Hans Maurer                                               hans@xxxxxxxxxxxx

           "Es gibt keine guten Ziele in Afghanistan, und es gibt
                         viele gute Ziele im Irak"