To: <users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, June 09, 2006 4:47 AM
Subject: [users@httpd] Re: Serve /var/www and public_html

"Joshua Slive" <joshua@xxxxxxxx> writes:

So does that then mean that setting execCGI on
/var/www/localhost/htdocs will not cover
/var/www/localhost/htdocs/subdir?

No.  You are correct in thinking that more specific <Directory>
sections override less-specific ones in general.  The specific
ordering is defined here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/sections.html#mergin

So you likely have another Options directive someplace.

I'm not finding it but I don't know what 90% of this stuff does:
I've removed charset, icon locale stuff.
====
ServerRoot "/usr/lib/apache2"
<IfModule !perchild.c>
   #ScoreBoardFile /var/run/apache2_runtime_status
</IfModule>
PidFile "/var/run/apache2.pid"
Timeout 300
KeepAlive On
MaxKeepAliveRequests 100
KeepAliveTimeout 15
Include /etc/apache2/modules.d/*.conf
User apache
Group apache
ServerAdmin reader@localhost
UseCanonicalName Off
<Directory />
   Options FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/>
   Options All MultiViews Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<Directory /var/www/localhost/htdocs/exp>
   Options All MultiViews Indexes FollowSymLinks Includes ExecCGI
AddHandler cgi-script .cgi AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<IfModule mod_userdir.c>
   UserDir public_html
   <Directory /home/*/public_html>
       AllowOverride All
       Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch Includes ExecCGI
   </Directory>
</IfModule>
DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var
AccessFileName .htaccess
<FilesMatch "^\.ht">
   Order allow,deny
   Deny from all
</FilesMatch>
TypesConfig /etc/mime.types
DefaultType text/plain
<IfModule mod_mime_magic.c>
   MIMEMagicFile /etc/apache2/magic
</IfModule>
<Directory "/var/www/localhost/icons/">
   Options Indexes MultiViews
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ /var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/
<IfModule mod_cgid.c>
   #Scriptsock            /var/run/cgisock
</IfModule>
<Directory "/var/www/localhost/cgi-bin/">
   AllowOverride None
   Options None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all