[users@httpd] Re: Serve /var/www and public_html

"David Salisbury" <salisbury@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I thought you said you had an AddHandler outside of the directory listings?
> I don't see it.

It must have fell victim to overzealous snippage... it is in there:

grep -n 'AddHandler cgi' /etc/apache2/httpd.conf
448:    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
453:    AddHandler cgi-script .cgi
936:AddHandler cgi-script .cgi

> Also, if this is the conf, what's not working again?  What's the
> latest error log mssg?

Well, as explained in a couple of places earlier in the thread, I want
to be able to fire cgi anywhere under /var/www/localhost/htdocs and
$public_html.

At the thread has progressed, I've gotten closer and can now fire cgi
anywher under ~/public_html including subdir but only in
/var/www/localhost/cgi-bin on the site area.

That is, the ExecCGI for /var/www/localhost/htdocs doesn't get carried
over to any subdir without explicitly defining them too.

> The options look okay in general.. but kind of scatter gunned.
> Looks to me like you could take them all out, and just go with the
> default...  read da manual.

Will a default setup allow me to fire cgi in these places:

/var/www/localhost/cgi-bin
/var/www/localhost/htdocs (and all subdir)
~/public_html (and all subdir)

It appears not to here.