Re: [users@httpd] "Out of memory" logging format

Am Samstag, den 27.08.2005, 14:11 +0200 schrieb Mario Passaggio:
> do you use NFS?
> Search nfs between the apache bugs
> This could happen I guess even on local file sistem
> when the httpd process tries to read a file: it stats the file for its size
> meanwhile if the sought file has been substituted with a new smaller one
> it will try to read (and so allocating memory) the last part of the file
> that can't find
> because of substitution.
> Could this scenario be your own?
> bye

No, we don't use NFS for any of the documents this apache has access
to.

Goggling the net my best guess so far is that the problem itself is
related to a problem between apache and PHP. I've read a couple of
postings about some erratic apache behaviour for some HTTP headers when
PHP is involved, but I wont investigate that further unless I know what
exact cause the memory consumption has.

But thanks for your response anyway :-)

Udo Rader

BestSolution.at EDV Systemhaus GmbH