RE: Re: How Do I Prevent Repetitive Hits

On 25/08/2022 17:27, jim@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Or add that IP to a blacklist in your router so your Apache server never even sees it.

Then Good Guy asked:

> Is this possible if your server is in the cloud platform such as Azure,
> GCP, IBM or Oracle? What is needed is a solution to block certain IP
> addresses from within Apache itself. For example. I might want to block
> all incoming traffic from Russia or China or North Korea so how do I
> achieve this?

Good point.  I was thinking from my perspective, which is Apache running on my server at home where I completely control the router.  I have some rules in the router that Blacklist certain IPs based on obvious bad activity.  The blacklist IPs are blocked from doing anything into or through the router.  Now the real trick would be to write a way to scrub the Apache log and find obvious attacks and add those IPs to the Router blacklist...

73
-----
Jim Walls - K6CCC
jim@xxxxxxxxx