Re: Circumstances when mod_php would run faster than PHP-FPM?

On 1/14/16 5:44 PM, "Eric Covener" <covener@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>On Thu, Jan 14, 2016 at 4:28 PM, Rose, John B <jbrose@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>> StartServers ? -> pm.start_servers = ?
>> MinSpareThreads ? -> pm.min_spare_servers = ?
>> MaxSpareThreads ? -> pm.max_spare_servers = ?
>> MaxRequestWorkers ? -> pm.max_children = ?
>>
>> No Apache equivalent -> pm.max_requests = ?
>
>pm.max_requests is similar to MaxRequestsPerChild.

Thanks for the reply.

Question: Looking at that PHP-FPM provided config file inline comments I
see this (which may me view pm.max_children as the equiv of
MaxRequestWorkers) ...

; The number of child processes to be created when pm is set to 'static'
and the
; maximum number of child processes to be created when pm is set to
'dynamic'.
; This value sets the limit on the number of simultaneous requests that
will be
; served. Equivalent to the ApacheMaxClients directive with mpm_prefork.
; Equivalent to the PHP_FCGI_CHILDREN environment variable in the original
PHP
; CGI.
; Note: Used when pm is set to either 'static' or 'dynamic'
; Note: This value is mandatory.
pm.max_children = 50

; The number of requests each child process should execute before
respawning.
; This can be useful to work around memory leaks in 3rd party libraries.
For
; endless request processing specify '0'. Equivalent to
PHP_FCGI_MAX_REQUESTS.
; Default Value: 0
;pm.max_requests = 50