Re: Circumstances when mod_php would run faster than PHP-FPM?

On 01/11/2016 04:51 PM, Rose, John B wrote:
> After switching to mod_php from php-fpm we are told the site is working
> 4x faster using mod_php instead of php-fpm.
>
> Any explanation?

The cynic in me things that this is a case of old dogs being unwilling
to learn new tricks.

Other things that come to mind is that fpm is grossly misconfigured -
perhaps they allocated insufficient memory to it? Or are running it on
another machine that has a faulty network connection between them? Or
possibly the server pool is smaller than Apache's server pool, causing
too much thrashing. (See the pm.min_spare_servers and so on)

--
Rich Bowen - rbowen@xxxxxxxxxxx - @rbowen
http://apachecon.com/ - @apachecon