Re: Running Apache in Single Process Mode for Docker Container?

On Mon, 26 Oct 2015 07:33:30 -0700
Kurtis Rader <krader@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I don't understand what the problem is. If you're starting a single-program
> to do exactly one task (e.g., server individual HTTP requests serially)

That's an unusual use for a general-purpose webserver.

However, it's perfectly possible.  But rather than run in a mode
intended for debug, why not tailor your configuration?
You can tell it to start a single server and limit the maximum
number of servers to one using standard MPM configuration.

Note that if you're serving regular web pages, the browser
will send you a big flurry of requests for all the images,
scripts, stylesheets, etc in a page.  And most browsers will
send those in parallel on several separate connections.
The server normally handles those in parallel, but if you
limit it to a single process and a single thread within that
(I'm not clear if you meant that too), you will slow page
loads by killing parallelism.

--
Nick Kew