Re: Help - 2.2 to 2.4 migration onto new server failing

On 5/17/2015 8:45 PM, Kurtis Rader wrote:
On Sun, May 17, 2015 at 8:24 PM, Cathy Fauntleroy <cathy.fauntleroy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am having a very similar problem as you are experiencing and have (like
you) tried many things in attempt to fix.  However, I did not build the
server and was not aware of IIS-like services called by another name.  Would
you please tell me what the service is called?  I need see if it is
installed on my Win 2012 server and, if it is, remove it.

Open a command window and run "netstat -a | more" and look for a line that says ":80" (or ":443") and "LISTENING". If present it means there is a process acting as a web server. If you have the necessary privileges you should be able to run "netstat -a -b" to see the name of the process. Note that I say this as someone who has almost no knowledge of MS-Windows (my expertise is with UNIX like systems) but verified it with my MS-Windows Vista virtual machine. There is probably a GUI (graphical user interface) means of ascertaining the same data but I have no idea how to do so since I generally prefer old-school CLI methods.

--
Kurtis Rader

It operates under PID 4 which is system.  Google Server 2012 port 80 and you'll find all kinds of information.  It can be one of several different things.  Many have suggestions for removal - of which none have worked so far.

One website gave a suggestion for a work around which is both easy and working perfectly.  I setup the configuration for Apache to operate on port 81 instead of 80 and then set the port forwarding in my router to forward external traffic on port 80 to internal port 81.  I will spend some more time trying to figure it out, but for the time being, at least I have the website that runs on it working correctly.

--
73