Re: Help - 2.2 to 2.4 migration onto new server failing

On 5/17/2015 11:31 AM, Kees Nuyt wrote:
On Tue, 12 May 2015 14:28:23 -0700, you wrote:

IIS is NOT running - one of the first things I checked after installing
windows.  I will NEVER run IIS and make sure it's dead right away.  Checked
again and it's did not resurrect itself from the dead.
Oops, sorry, I should have read a bit more before replying :(

Turns out that it is - although it's not called IIS in Windows 2012. When I installed the OS onto brand new drives (so there is no possibility of some leftover from something previously installed), there is an option to install IIS services which I unchecked and had assumed that it really was not there. There is nothing to indicate that IIS (by that name) is there either, but that functionality is there. Found lots of on-line sources to indicate that it's there with instructions for removal - none have worked so far. Still poking at it...

I will report here when I get it working right...

--
73