Re: Software Load Balancers | mod_proxy_balancer and Varnish

Just writing again to see if anyone can provide me some more inputs?

On Fri, Jun 22, 2012 at 10:35 AM, Anurag Kapur <anuragkapur@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thank you for your response.

I am not looking for caching/site acceleration capabilities. I am looking at pure load balancing capabilities only.

Are there any know pros/cons or limitations of mod_proxy_balancer and varnish load balancing? Capabilities that the load balancer that I am looking for are:

1. Must be able to sustain and be performant in high load and volume conditions
2. Should support session stickyness and possibly failover from on node to another without the client requiring to submit the request again
3. Easy to deploy and configure. Possibly - ability to add and remove nodes from the load balanced farm on the fly

Kind Regards

Anurag Kapur