Re: AOE v83 - unknown device

On Mar 31, 2014, at 7:52 PM, James R. Leu <jleu@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We're on CentOS 6 kernels - 2.6.32
> Which user space tools are you referring too?

This was before CentOS 6, so I am having trouble remembering.  I had to send a patch to LVM2, and there was even a problem with something basic like mknod.

> We compile the AOE module instead of using the version that comes with the
> kernel.

OK.

> Would the number of times the AOE resources 'flap' contribute
> to this issue?

Yes, if you're not doing aoe-flush to periodically forget unused targets and if the AoE shelf.slot addresses are volatile.

If aoe-flush doesn't help let me know, and I'll contact you off-list for more details.

--
  Ed