Re: [External] Re: alsa-lib: Add ucm support for whiskeylake sof-skl_hda_card audio

On 2019/9/28 上午11:33, Hui Wang wrote:

On 2019/9/27 下午5:01, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
Dne 27. 09. 19 v 10:21 Hui Wang napsal(a):
So far, the alsa-lib still depends on the card->name/long-name to find
the needed UCM, I know some Dell machines also uses sof driver (so the
card->name/long-name is also sof-skl_hda_card), so if this UCM is
merged, it will be shared with Dell machines. But on those Dell
machines, there is no BASS Speaker, and Dell machines have sth that
Lenovo machines don't have, like headset-mic and headphone-mic. How to
make this UCM work on both Lenovo and Dell machines?
Thanks for this info. The long-name contains DMI info, so I updated the
configuration in this way:

Hello Jaroslav,

For the long->name with DMI info, is it a new feature or an old feature that existing for a long time? If it is a new feature, is it implemented by kernel driver or by alsa-lib, already upstreamed?

Thanks,

Hui.

https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/commit/ac8319245e1213e46a1ae5c2de4ddd4a0c8926e2

https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/commit/9bd0bf34a571a4a3c38d74098972d82c58fac80e

(everything is in the updated 'import' branch)

So you can add the specific config for the Dell device, too.

OK, that is good, thanks.

Regards,

Hui.

                    Jaroslav