Re: [External] Re: alsa-lib: Add ucm support for whiskeylake sof-skl_hda_card audio

On Tue, 2019-09-24 at 13:53 +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> > > Thanks Pierre.
> > >
> > > Do we have any approximate timelines on when and how this will
> > > happen? (I'm new to this)
> > >
> > > One of my main aims is that we have a customer using Debian and
> > > one of our platforms that require this change - I need to make
> > > sure I understand how this would roll out and what actions they
> > > need to take in the meantime if it's not going to be available in
> > > Debian.
> >
> > I think the first order would be to have the file cleaned-up, with
> > its
> > Intel origin clearly stated with a signed-off-by tag.
> >
> > Then once this is done, the Debian package creation needs to be
> > handled
> > (using either the ALSA repo or the cloned version on SOF GitHub).
> > don't have any experience with Debian packages so can't really
> > comment
> > on the effort it would take.
>
> I did some cleanups here:
>
> https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-ucm-conf/commit/f796f0852a097e23
> 8fa9f5efb174e95b5ee6c8b7
>
> Pierre, could you confirm the original source and are you ok with
> that?

Cleanup looks fine to me, we should add still UCM "PlaybackVolume" and
"CaptureVolume" settings, because otherwise Pulseaudio will use SW
volume only. This will make for example HDA led quirks useless...
(and actually CaptureVolume and PlaybackVolume in pulseaudio ucm
support is still not integrated, hopefully soon). Defining Capture and
PlaybackVolume should not do any harm currently for user space.

I can do that, Jaroslav you want PR against github or patches here
to mailing list?

br,
Jaska