Re: Request for setup of new repositories

On 26. 05. 22 14:58, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
Hi,

On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 08:37:37AM +0200, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
On 25. 05. 22 3:42, Takashi Sakamoto wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion. Indeed, we can choose the way to put
documentation to specific branch in the repository. I've already
investigated the way then had complexed feeling.

...To be honest, I'd like to avoid it, as much as possible, in a point
of the essential concept in source control management. The branching
idea forces to put several histories disconnected each other into one
repository. It's surely available technically, however I feel sort of
awkward somehow.

(I think I'm enough conservative when using tools. I feel something
shooting myself in the foot when doing it. It perhaps comes from my
experience under UNIX-like environment...)

The separated common repository for documents had room for integration of
documentation. For example, I can put library documentations as well as
overview page for included software such like Rust crates. It's flexible
and logical in a view of top level of software stack.

It's fine for me. The gobject-introspection-docs is created now.

Great. I pushed some documents except for index page:

  * https://github.com/alsa-project/gobject-introspection-docs

Later I'd like to use Jekyll backend of github pages[1]. Would I ask you
to grant my privilege in the repository so that I can add configuration
for it? I think the same privilege set in libhinawa-docs is enough.

It seems that it's just a configuration file which is stored in the repository, so the standard github pages setup should be sufficient.

Anyway, I made you as maintainer of this gobject-introspection-docs repo, so you should do more changes in it, if you like.

Additionally, please archive below old documentation repositories? I've
already configure them to publish redirect pages. I hear that github
pages service still publish pages for archived repositories.

  * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa-docs/
  * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhitaki-doc/
  * https://github.com/alsa-project/alsa-gobject-docs/

And it's helpful to change page URL in 'About' section of right pane.
(I think it's good to remove it for convenience.)

  * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa/

Today I release new releases for libhinawa and libhitaki. Thanks for
your help.

  * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhitaki/releases/tag/v0.1.0
  * https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa/releases/tag/2.5.0

[1] https://docs.github.com/en/pages/setting-up-a-github-pages-site-with-jekyll/about-github-pages-and-jekyll
[2] https://github.com/alsa-project/libhinawa-docs/

I've tried to follow all instructions. If something is missing, please, ping me.

					Jaroslav

--
Jaroslav Kysela <perex@xxxxxxxx>