Re: ASUS M2N32 MCP55 HDAudio problems - small solution!

At Sat, 01 Jul 2006 11:36:31 +0200,
Daniel Schroeder wrote:

> > Could you attach the content of /proc/asound/card0/codec#* files?
> > Is it really AD1988A, not AD1988B?
> >

> > Takashi
>
> It is a AD1988B

All right, it explains all the weird behavior.

I fixed the detection of AD1988A rev2 chip on HG repo.

> small summary:
>
>  - out of the box 1.0.12_rc1 recognize my chip as a AD1988A rev.2 ->
> seems to be wrong.
>
>  - with the "bogus patch" mplayer is working.
>
>  -  Speaker-Test and aplay are "buggy" or not working as i would expect...

It's likely a problem of BIOS (or hardware).  The driver works fine
with AD1988B reference board here.

>  - hp jack does not mute the other speakers

Should it be?  The behavior depends on the hardware type, and
currently only laptop-style (2-channel, jack-auto-muted) and 3/6-stack
for mobos (no jack-auto-muting).

>  - normal amarok output is a kind of too center/lfe centric (the winamp
> output under windows has a much better sound)
>
>  - i miss a "rear" volume slider in kmix

It's "Surround".

Takashi