Re: ASUS M2N32 MCP55 HDAudio problems

Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:43:49 +0200,
> Daniel Schroeder wrote:
>> Hello *,
>>
>> sorry for posting this to devel and users, but i think this could be
>> interesting for both. Plz. send replies in cc to my mail address because
>>  i am not on list.
>>
>> I am a proud owner of this flagship mainboard with a nvdidia mcp55
>> hdaudio sound card. The chip is identified by alsa as a AD1988A rev.2
>> (dmesg, lspci -v, lspci -nv output below):
>>
>> The problem is that if i activate only front in kmix all is fine.
>> Speaker-Test works as expected. If i activate lfe/center then the sound
>> is messed up and he plays front-left/front-rigt through center and lfe.
>
> What do you mean to "activate lfe/center"?
> A more detailed step to reproduce is helpful.
>

> Takashi

a more detail problem description:

with this module configuration: options snd-hda-intel model=6stack-dig
position_fix=1
--------------------------
headphone jack in front: if connected the regular sound isnt muted.
--------------------------
speaker test hangs in surround51 configuration:

speaker-test -Dplug:surround51 -c6

speaker-test 1.0.12rc1

Playback device is plug:surround51
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 6 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 22 to 5461
Period size range from 11 to 2730
Using max buffer size 5460
Periods = 4
was set period_size = 1365
was set buffer_size = 5460
 0 - Front Left
---- hangs forever
----------------------------
speaker-test in surround40

front left=sound output rear left;
front right=sound output rear right;
rear right=sound output subwoofer
rear left=sound output center

in kmix front,surround,center,lfe,side is unmuted and 85%

speaker-test -Dplug:surround40 -c4

speaker-test 1.0.12rc1

Playback device is plug:surround40
Stream parameters are 48000Hz, S16_LE, 4 channels
Using 16 octaves of pink noise
Rate set to 48000Hz (requested 48000Hz)
Buffer size range from 32 to 8192
Period size range from 16 to 4096
Using max buffer size 8192
Periods = 4
was set period_size = 2048
was set buffer_size = 8192
 0 - Front Left
 1 - Front Right
 3 - Rear Right
 2 - Rear Left
-----------------------------

i would expect other fields in kmix additional to the fields/sliders
mentioned above a slider for rear is missing.

And i would expect that the speaker test would work.

aplay plays front left through center and front right throug rear right

aplay -dsurround51 chan-id.wav

in other applications there is something wrong, but i cannot determine
the problem as in the examples above.

I hope this helps a bit more..

daniel