Re: heres an interesting questions -El Flights from YYZ to Lax -were do th ose pax clear US customs

--Apple-Mail-14-322308989

I've done YYZ-SEA on a Thai DC-10.

It departed YYZ without any pre-clearance in YYZ, and had to go through
the full INS/Customs deal in SEA.

Annoying, but it was a lot cheaper and easier than going through
ORD/MSP/PIT.

Matthew

On 7-Sep-04, at 10:16 AM, Mark Panitz wrote:

> On Mon, 6 Sep 2004 20:04:59 +0100 "Antoin Daltun" <adaltun@xxxxxxxxxx>
> writes:
>> When Aeroflot operated Moscow-US via Shannon, they were not allowed
>> use the
>> US INS pre-clearance facility at Shannon but had to go through the
>> full
>> procedures on arrival in the US.
>>
>> Canadian pre-clearance includes customs and INS.  Dublin and Shannon
>> are INS
>> only.
>>
>> Antoin Daltun
> yes normally that would be true but remember that their flights
> origanted
> in Tel Aviv
> and those passengers will have to Clear US customs at Lax- so I'm
> belive
> the YYZ- lax
> segment sicne we know they do have traffic rights) would be an
> expection

--Apple-Mail-14-322308989

I've done YYZ-SEA on a Thai DC-10.

It departed YYZ without any pre-clearance in YYZ, and had to go
through the full INS/Customs deal in SEA.

Annoying, but it was a lot cheaper and easier than going through
ORD/MSP/PIT.

Matthew

 <bold> </bold>