Re: NYTimes.com Article: Regional Carrier Sheds Its Partners to Fly Solo

> Likewise, Independence may also draw passengers away from
> Southwest Airlines, the country's biggest low-fare carrier
> and the largest airline at Baltimore-Washington
> International Airport, about an hour away from Dulles.
> Southwest's highest fare anywhere, $299 one-way, is $100
> more than Independence charges.
This is an apple-and-orange comparison.  WN's top far is $299, for coast-to-coast
flights.  Independence currently doesn't fly to the coast.  I predict that when (if) they
start flying to the west coast, their highest fare will be more than $199.

David R