Re: Tripling of Capacity for Air Traffic

Bush administration has a lot of "cutting and outsourcing" plans in the
works for FAA. One of the things they were/are planning to do is to close
most of the flight service stations. They are claiming that internet, online
resources and DUATS will be a nice and less costly replacement for that.
None of them being stuck in an airport with no facilities except a phone, I
can assure you that this will cause more and  more pilots leaving with no
preflight briefings before their flights.

On top of that they are arguing that ATC controllers should and can be
outsourced. AOPA has been fighting this left and right.

I guess by not investing in the infrastructure that needs work, they are
going to make the system less reliable. You can only look at the computer
problems that ZJAX went through last week.

While they are spending like crazy in unnecessary things like rebuilding
Iraq, I guess cutting FAA's budget will make more sense..

BAHA
Fan of FAA and the great people in there..