From: Alireza Alivandivafa [mailto:DEmocrat2n@xxxxxxx]=20
Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 5:51 PM
Subject: Re: Ted

In a message dated 11/19/2003 10:40:16 AM Pacific Standard Time,
clay.wardlow@xxxxxxxx writes:

<< So, will it work?
 My own personal opinion, this will do United in; they need to cut costs
 on their own airline before starting a "new" airline. What do you all
 think?

Well Shuttle did not work, and that is essentially what Ted is.  UA does
have
lower costs now, so that might help.  Still, it is not just the costs
but
maximizing the return on those costs.  Efficiency is at least as big a
part of
the success of Low Fare carriers (especially WN, who do not have the
lowest
labor costs).