Re: SF Gate: No-frills, low-cost airlines are fast gaining ground/'Regular' a...

>ATL/NYC/WAS -> YVR, through ORD, DEN, YYZ, ORD/SEA, DEN/SEA, SFO, YUL

>NW provides a reasonable compliment with MSP/DTW

Both MSP and DTW are good hubs. If one goes down , DTW hurts also.
On top of that they do not provide good North-South alternatives.

>AA's DFW doesn't compliment ORD all that well.
STL could have been a good alternative but it is close to ORD. Some
cases, too close. Mostly the frontal system that gets trhough ORD has
its impact on STL also.

>HP's PHX doesn't have a compliment
HP needs a mid-America hub. I was surprised that they pulled out of
CMH all of a sudden. If they had more service to more cities, they
could have capitilized on that very good. Flying East Coast - SEA
is not best thing when you are trying to connect thru PHX, but an
extensive CMH flight schedule could be a great alternative. CLE
works for CO, CMH could have worked for HP if they expended on it.

>DL is not well represented on the west coast, esp. out of SLC
Similar problem that happened with HP happens to DL out of SLC.
Get more CRJs and add more destinations from SLC hub. Then you have
options like ATL, CVG, SLC and DFW. That's as good as it gets.

>US is definitely not well represented on the west coast
Tell that to PSA lovers. They hold a grudge against US so bad :)

>CO's IAH is too far south
Agree

>AC's YYZ doesn't have a compliment out west
YYC may be another alternative as it's getting bigger each day..

BAHA
Fan of United getting out of bankrupcy sooner or later.