Re: Re-regulate Again

Even with private companies, ensuring that 'guaranteed/regulated'
profits were plowed back into safety and maintenance maybe a bit of a
leap.

In a less-regulated environment, where safety violations/incidents
would have an incredibly quick and dramatic affect on the fortunes of a
company, I believe there is a much bigger incentive for ever increased
safety and maintenance standards.

Seems perverse to some to place essentially public safety in private
hands, but in a less-regulated environment the fear of the financial
ruin, if safety became a prevalent concern, is enough of an incentive.

Matthew