Re: Re-regulate Again

So with all this... I'm just wondering. What would happen if the big boys (UA, US, AA, etc) all went out of business? Do you think the government would allow that to happen?

Clay - SEA

-----Original Message-----
From: John Kurtzke [mailto:kurtzke@xxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, March 20, 2003 2:25 PM
Subject: Re: Re-regulate Again

I too believe in freemarket economoics; however, I also believe in
enforcing anti-trust legislation. Under both Democratic & Republican
administrations, the Department of Justice allowed some mergers to go
forward which should have been stopped. (Republic-Northwest,
Delta-Western, US Air-Piedmont, to name a few.)

john kurtzke

--
John F. Kurtzke, C.S.C.
Department of Mathematics