Re: TRIP REPORT: BOS-LGA-BOS (Saturday, December 14th)

> Directional control upon landing is differential braking
> anyway, and I think the nosewheel tiller is even locked out above a
> certain speed.

Actually, on the 737's the nosewheel tiller is not locked out, but at high speed
it is easier to use the rudder pedals for directional control as they are linked
to both the rudder and nosewheel steering.  Same goes for the  differential
braking technique on the 737.  You get more effective braking if you use even
braking and maintain directional control with the rudder pedals.