Re: More Gordon stories

 jmgammon@sympatico.ca writes:
<< Mr. Exe-Cue-Teeve who was fuming standing by the dividing curtain between
J and Y.
  I'm a firm believer in calm, courteous, human relations.  And that those
who take themselves way seriously shouldn't... >>

FLying standby (last to board if any seats left) for 31 years I have hung
around many gate checkin counters right up till departure - Sometime just as
they were closing the door, they would find a miscount and one seat left, and
I got on.  Anyway you would not believe the BIGSHOTS/loud pushy jerks that
would show up at the last min and DEMAND stuff, literally threaten the gate
agents. Happened often and very funny to listen to as an outsider-try it next
time youre wasting time at the airport, hang around an overbooked flight with
lots of business travelers.
Dennis