Re: Delta eliminates base commissions in U.S., Canada

For all those of any mode of travel let me tell you my story and I hope you
understand unless you create more consistency in the system I believe
several of the air carriers days are numbered.

The real issue is the air carriers deliver less service now than at any time
except for 1930. They depreciate there service delivering less and less to
the customer.  I was going to fly to Perry Georgia a few weeks ago from
Houston and I felt it would take me 11 hours assuming a 1 hour delay from my
door to Perry via Delta.  I had to fly in the night before and still take a
day off work and rent a car.  I hate to drive but when I factored in if the
delay was longer and I had to be there the next morning for a 550am meet I
better drive and assure myself of a good nights rest.

I and a friend drove and I laid in the back of my suburban and slept 1/2 the
time while he drove listening to my favorite CD's.  the other half of the
time I enjoying the country side.  I arrived in Perry at 730pm.  My friends
that flew Delta arrived at 1030pm. They were both frisk and were able to
take off their shoes and enjoy airport food while they waited for a 3 hour
delay on a Friday afternoon. Delta wanted $600 for a ticket and a rent car
would be another $100.  I drove my suburban with 85,000 for a dime a mile
which I split with my friend.

If your ability to deliver your passengers from point A to B does not become
more predictable I believe you will see a trend back to cars.  I know
several people that will not fly from Houston to Auston, Dallas, San Antonio
because they can drive it as quickly as they can fly.

Weather you pay a travel agent a commission or not is not an issue that will
save your job or your company as a viable business.  Being predictable is an
absolute necessity to remain in business over the long term

You will notice even Southwest that felt they were invincible has finally
seen the results Joe Q publish is looking at other options beside air travel
because of the lack of predictability of the airlines to deliver the product
transportation they contract for. No other business has for so long
delivered such marginal service and survived.  You are at a turning point.

Chris Myers

--

Sincerely,

Chris Myers

281-584-0029 x217
800-639-0450 x217

This message may contain information that is CLIENT PRIVILEGED, or otherwise
PRIVILEGED
or CONFIDENTIAL. If you have received this communication in error, please
erase all
copies of this message and its attachments and notify us immediately. Thank
you.