Re: Videos From The Pilots Viewpoint

...I remember a very funny story from us Delta Folks
when I was working Ticket Counter in ATL during 1986
or so, when PeopleExpress (yes, that is correct) was
shuttling folks to EWR for something like $98 bucks,
or something like that.....

At that time, we at DL despised these deregulation
cost-cutter airlines, and our mind-set at that time,
and our supervisors told us to 'Go by the Book, no
flexibility, nail the PAX for every dime you can...
etc...... On top of that, our DL arrogance really made
us despise these 'Greyhound Bus People'...

I remember, one evening, PE CXND a flight, and
somehow,we were warned about it....All the unwashed
hordes started trekking down south the 50 yards or so
to our counter to try and buy, I think it was, a $98
one-way fare to EWR! I couldn't find the el cheapo
fare in my computer and I remember one of my Ticket
Counter cohorts was laughing his butt off, he told me
he went into the computer in the back and 'locked-up'
all the el-cheapo fares to EWR.....when the unwashed
came to our counter, they were told it would be $286
one-way, or we give 'em directions to the Greyhound
Bus Station!.....

Yeah, I know, pretty nasty, but pretty funny also, in
those early days of 'Deregulation'.....

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA