Uzbekistan Airways to PER/YPPH?!?!?!

Howdy all

There is a report on jetstream.ch about Uzbekistan Airways flying into PER
with 757 equipment via BKK. The flight routing will would be
PER-BKK-TAS-BEG-BSL.

I had a contact at HY who may have been able to confirm or deny this, but he
is now working for Avialeasing out of Opa Locka.

I know that some capacity could be used on the PER-BKK sector, with only TG
flying a few flights a week. I am just wondering why HY would consider PER
in the first place. I know that if they were in fact wanting to fly into
Aussie, then SYD would be their preferred port, but current regulations mean
that they would have to service a secondary port first for a period of time.

HY currently flies to BKK twice a week with 767 equipment. The layover time
in BKK is only like an hour. I am just trying to understand how these
flights to PER would even be possible with 757 equipment, when the 767 is
utilised on the route TAS-BKK.

Also, I don't believe that Uzbekistan currently has a bilateral air services
agreement with Australia at the moment....a major hurdle which needs to be
covered before flights can even be considered.

However, if true, I would put money on it that PER-TAS flights would be
scheduled to offer convenient transfers to HY's flights to India....the
PER-India market not being served since AI pulled out a few years ago.

If anyone has a contact at Westralia, try and find out if this is true? Or
any other comments people?

Cheers

Scotty