Re: Videos From The Pilots Viewpoint

Hey Richard-

I know the tape you mention well.  It was the first in the cockpit video I
came across myself.  I picked it up at Sporty's Pilot Shop, which is about
40 minutes from my house.  Years later, after I get my airline job I find
out a guy I work with was a dispatcher for People Express and was a good
friend with the Captain who shot the video.  He says they called him
"Hollywood" Paul Havis because he was always lugging camera equipment with
him going back and forth to Europe.  If you notice, some of the flight
segments are using the Continental callsign indicating they were filmed
after the CO buyout of People Express.

Havis Production produced a couple of other tapes including "How They Fly
The Concorde".  Other than that, there are several sources for in the
cockpit video.  The biggest selection is at http://justplanes.com/ They have
two series, Flight In The Cockpit and World Air Routes.  I have all of these
tapes (well over 100 at this point) an highly recommend them.  The latest
offering from Just Planes are on DVD which is great.  They also offer foamer
type videos of specific airports

I will post some other links when time permits.

Cheers-

Tom

BTW A 747 Pilots Eye View is still my sentimental favorite.  The production
values (point of view and audio/ATC quality) are still as good as it gets.