Aerovias Q/Q Airways

I am hoping someone may be able to give me some historical information on a
Cuban airline from the 40s/50s called Aerovias Q.

All I have been able to find on it is:

* It operated 1945-1959
* Their fleet consisted of C-47, C-46 and C-54 (ILS...no need to cut and paste
from aerotransport.free.fr)
* The airline was partly owned by Batista
* The airline operated to Key West and maybe Palm Beach and Miami

I think I read a few years ago that Aerovias Q operated the flights to Cuba on
behalf of Pan Am.

Can anyone give me a more detailed history on this Cuban airline at all, such
as full route history (I also found reference to flights to Nueva Gerona),
anecdotes, or any other historical info.

*** The photo above was taken from
http://members.tripod.com/kakeman/AeroviasQ.html but placed on my webspace so I
could link it here ***