Re: peanuts and other nuts

On Thursday, February 14, 2002, at 06:40  PM, Dennis W Zeuch wrote:

> Article was in NY Times I think tuesday--maybe yesterday but already
> tossed
> out the papers soi cant  give the details.

Just found an article at Yahoo:
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20020211/ap_on_sp_ol/oly_flight_disturbance_2

Arrest Made Under New Flight Rule
Mon Feb 11, 5:44 PM ET

SALT LAKE CITY - An airline passenger who allegedly got up to go the
bathroom less than 30 minutes before landing became the first person
arrested under a new federal flight regulation adopted for the Olympics.

Richard Bizarro, 59, could get up to 20 years in prison on charges of
interfering with a flight crew.

Bizarro was on a Delta flight from Los Angeles on Saturday when he
allegedly left his seat 25 minutes before landing, despite two warnings
from the captain to the 90 passengers to stay put as required under the
30-minute rule adopted for Salt Lake City by the Federal Aviation
Administration (news - web sites).

Because of the incident, air marshals aboard the plane ordered all
passengers to put their hands on their heads for the rest of the flight.

Bizarro, of Park City, was jailed overnight and released on his own
recognizance. Messages left with his attorney and at his home were not
returned Monday.

Authorities said a flight attendant instructed Bizarro to return to his
seat immediately after he left the bathroom. She said Bizarro, who is
6-foot-2 and 220 pounds, ignored her orders and stared at her for about
a minute before returning to his seat, according to the FBI (news - web
sites).

The incident was seen by two of three undercover air marshals on board,
the FBI said. One of the agents said he saw Bizarro give what appeared
to be a "thumbs up" to another passenger as he returned to his seat,
prompting the marshals to take control of the cabin.

The Salt Lake City rule requiring no passenger movement during the last
30 minutes went into effect Feb. 5. It already had been in effect for
flights to Reagan International Airport in Washington.

--
David Mueller / SAN
kawika42@mac.com

*** Read the Airline List FAQ at http://airlinefaq.tripod.com ***