Re: STL

In a message dated 1/4/02 5:20:50 PM Central Standard Time, blendq@yahoo.com
writes:

> The FAA requested the airline recheck ``some bags'' on roughly 30 outbound
> flights at the airport, he said. He would not specify the security
> concern.

I was one of those "roughly 30 outbound flights" and it sucked.  We had to
keep 30 people on our 30 seat airplane, we couldn't depart and we couldn't
deplane.  We sat on the ramp for 2 1/2 hours.  The problem had to do with
selectee's bags and their markings to show that they had been correctly
inspected.  BTW, nobody would tell us what was going on, either because they
didn't know or they felt that we as airline employees were a security risk.
For obvious reasons I am not going into any more detail about the exact
problem so please don't ask.

Also, just before we left, we had a passenger who decided he wanted to get
off, well, we told the pax we were released and it was 29 to 1 to leave
immediately.  He was a royal pain in the a** to our FA all the way to
Memphis.  He got his due though, deplaning in MEM he dropped his laptop, all
the way down the stairs to the concrete!  (Boom, bump, bang, bump, smash.)
Sally (the FA) said he deserved it, and she is pretty laid back and has about
10 years as a Trans States FA.

I'm glad to be home and I'm done venting (for now).

Jim

Proud to be an American,
Jim Hann
Waterski J-41 Captain