Re: Lax south runways can they handle a 747?

Walter,

You are exactly right....

In Atlanta, it is a completely different situation
from many other major airports because of the
efficient way it is laid out. There is never any great
delay on the ramp between the concourses, due the the
width and '4-lane' set-up. The delays start only when
you get to the parallel taxiways... I don't know the
reasons why aircraft are assigned North or South
departures, but gate location certainly has nothing to
do with it....

Bryant Petitt
Cumming, GA